- All schools in Decatur Township have been equipped with the Raptor check in system. This system ensures entry safety from all persons who have open warrants, protective orders, and most importantly, anyone that is on the sexual predator list.
- Through an Indiana Safe Schools grant the Decatur Township School Police Department was able to secure funds to hire a fifth officer, bringing the total to five officers on the department.
- Through an Indiana Department of Education grant secured funds were used to obtain new school radios and 20 new security cameras for the district.
- Through a collaborative effort between Central Office, Administrators, and Decatur Police, the new emergency crisis plan has been implemented, and has already begun testing implementation of the "Run, Hide or Fight" program for active shooter training in the schools.
- Implementation of random school and vehicle drug searches through assistance of the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police K9 unit officers.
Additional practices, personnel, and support staff that ensure school safety include items not shown on this page because of confidential collaborations, plans, capabilities, and ongoing monitoring that involve not only DTSRO officers, but local law enforcement and lead school staff as well.
The MSD Decatur Township school board members and Superintendent are active in frequent discussions about school safety. This is a Core value and is of the utmost importance.