Dear Gold Academy Families,
My name is Jana Anderson, Principal of the Gold Academy. My vision is that learning occurs in a safe and respectful environment with high expectations for everyone. The teachers at the Gold Academy guide, facilitate, and monitor differentiated learning experiences which empower all students to become self-directed learners. Support for this learning is a partnership of family, school, and our community. Some highlights of Gold Academy include….
- Utilization of PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention Strategies)
- Professional Development for staff each week based on curricular needs
- Targeted interventions each day
- 1-to-1 iPad use for all students in grades 1-6
- Family events throughout the school year
My goal is to support students, parents, and teachers on a daily basis and promote a caring environment that fosters trust and collaboration to ensure that our students are motivated to achieve their personal best.
The Gold Academy is Decatur Proud!