School Reopening 2020-2021
May 11, 2021
2021-2022 Supply Lists
April 30, 2021
2021-22 Summer School Registration
- Log into your Skyward Family access account HERE
- Click the tab on the left hand side of the screen titled Online Forms
- Locate the form titled 2021-22 Summer School and click the Fill Out Form link
- Follow the steps listed on the right side of the screen
In cooperation with the United Way of Central Indiana (UWCI) and The Mind Trust, MSD of Decatur Township will work in collaboration to provide a free five weeks of summer school for all Decatur Township students currently in grades K-8. This opportunity will focus on an enrichment program to offset the impact of the pandemic’s “learning loss” as we focus on academic achievement as well as other learning opportunities to foster student growth in preparation for the next school year.
Starting on Monday, June 21st and lasting to Friday, July 23rd, this 8am-4pm school day over the course of five weeks will offer lunch, transportation as well as before and after school care (provided by AYS).
Lavinia Group, a world-class education management consultancy, is customizing the literacy and math curriculum in alignment with Indiana’s academic standards. Participating students will take a pre- and post-assessment so teachers can collect meaningful data on progress. Teachers will also receive tools and resources to keep track of progress on a daily basis over the course of the summer.
In addition to its focus on building English, reading and math skills, the MSD of Decatur Township’s Summer School will offer students the opportunity to engage in a variety of enrichment activities, ranging from science and art to physical education and community-based projects.
“We are excited to offer such a great opportunity for our families,” Superintendent Matt Prusiecki said. “We are fortunate to have the partnership with United Way and The Mind Trust to capitalize on the learning for all of our students, preparing them to be Tomorrow Ready.”
April 27, 2021
Backpack Supply Drive
April 20, 2021
Decatur Proud Golf Outing
Click Here for registration form
March 10, 2021
2021-2022 Returning Student Registration
Starting Monday, March 15th parents will be able to register their students for the upcoming 2021-2022 school year. Log in to your parent Skyward account, click on the Returning Student Registration tab or link and follow the listed steps. If you need to find out or reset your parent Skyward account please contact your child’s school.
If your child will not be returning to a Decatur Township school for the upcoming 2021-2022 school year we also ask that you log in to your parent Skyward account and fill out the form under the Online Forms tab titled Student NOT Returning 2021-22.
Link to log in to Skyward Family Access:
March 8, 2021
Student Vaccine Opportunity
February 26, 2021
Los Patios Fundraiser to support MSD Decatur Backpack/Supply Giveaway
December 30, 2020
Letter to Decatur Township Families 12-30-20
Decatur Township Families,
As we celebrate the beginning of 2021, I want to wish all of you a Happy New Year and best wishes moving into the second semester of school. There are a couple of reminders and important dates regarding Decatur Township Schools that I wanted to share prior to next week:
- We begin the second semester this Monday, 1/4/21, with all grades, K-12 on a virtual schedule.
- The following week, starting Monday, 1/11/21, we will begin full in person instruction for all schools, K-6 while grades 7-12 will be on a hybrid schedule. This hybrid schedule will be the same as the first semester.
- Please reach out to your child’s school building for any specific questions regarding your child’s schedule.
- Regarding child nutrition, we will still be serving Free Meal Packs on Wednesday, 1-6-21 at the following locations:
- Blue & Gold: 11 AM - 12 PM & 4 PM - 5 PM
- DTSE 11 AM: 12 PM & 4 PM - 5 PM
- DCHS: 11 AM - 12PM
- Stephen Decatur 11 AM - 12 PM
- Liberty: 11 AM - 12 PM
- West Newton: 11 AM - 12 PM
- Valley Brook: 11 AM - 12 PM
- Troy Manor: 11 AM - 12 PM
- Windsong: 11 AM - 12 PM
- Lynhurst Park: 11 AM - 12 PM
- Beginning the week of 1-11-21, we will return to offering 1 meal pack location for our remote and hybrid students.
- ALL meals will be picked up at DTSE on Wednesdays from 11 AM - 12 PM and 4 PM - 5 PM.
- All meals are free through May, 2021.
- Families need to complete 1 Google Form per student, regardless of learning model or grade level.
This information, along with the Google Form, is available at www.decaturproud.org/child-nutrition and will be posted on district social media. If you have any questions, please call the Child Nutrition Department at 317-856-5265.
Lastly, I look forward to this spring semester as we continue to serve our community. I am thankful for our teachers, support staff and administration. Together, we will serve our children and continue to monitor our COVID situation, looking to bring back all students to in person learning as safely as possible. I hope you have had a restful, safe holiday season. I look forward to 2021! Together, we are Decatur Proud!
December 16, 2020
MSD Decatur Township Updates
Decatur Township Families,
As we head into the holiday season and the new year of 2021, I want to share with you the status of our schools as we come back for the second semester on Monday, January 4, 2021:
- We will begin school on Monday, January 4th being completely virtual, grades K-12. As of this announcement, we plan for this to continue for just the first week of school, January 4th - 8th.
- Beginning Monday, January 11, 2021, MSD of Decatur Township will go back to the school model we had for the majority of the first semester:
- K-6 elementary schools will be back to full in-person instruction five days a week.
- Grades 7-12 will be back to the hybrid model that we used the first semester.
- Remote students will continue their instruction virtually unless families have chosen to return in person.
- In light of the flexibility given by the Marion County Board of Health, MSD of Decatur Township will proceed cautiously, monitoring the health metrics as we continue to seek advice from the Marion County Board of Health. As the metrics change next semester, we will adjust accordingly, striving to bring all students back to in-person instruction, but doing so as cautiously as possible for the safety of our students, teachers, and all staff.
- We will continue to adhere to the necessary safety protocols:
- No one is allowed into our buildings without administrative approval. Our buildings will be closed to the public except for students and staff.
- Masks will be the expectation of all students and adults. Even though grades K-2 students are no longer required to wear masks by the MCBH, it is the expectation of our Decatur Township Schools to have masks worn as much as possible for the safety of everyone.
- Social distancing of six feet is essential for our high school students while three feet is the new requirement for middle school and elementary school students. We will continue to strive for six feet even though the new requirement by the MCBH has reduced to three feet.
- Frequent hand washing and the use of hand sanitizer will continue as these safety protocols prove to help stop the spread of COVID.
With our first semester coming to a close, I want to thank you, as an entire school community, for working together for the sake of our children. It has been a unique and challenging experience; however, our Decatur Community has made it the best possible through the collaboration of everyone involved. Thank you for allowing us to work with your children to prepare them to be Tomorrow Ready! We look forward to 2021 and the opportunities that will come with it. Be safe over winter break and continue to practice the safety protocols to limit the spread of COVID. Lastly, I do wish all of you a Happy 2021 New Year!
As Always, We are DECATUR PROUD!
November 19, 2020
Letter to Families 11-19-20
Decatur Township Families,
Next week is Thanksgiving Week. We have school on Monday, November 23rd as well as Tuesday, November 24th with the remainder of the week off for the holiday. With virtual school starting on November 23rd, I wanted to share that we will be putting some supports in place for families to utilize if you so choose. They are the following:
Our Child Nutrition Department will begin providing meals for our families every Wednesday, starting on December 2nd, the Wednesday after our Thanksgiving break. Children must be present to qualify. Meal Packs will be at the following locations:
- Blue & Gold 11 AM - 12 PM & 4 PM - 5 PM
- DTSE 11 AM - 12 PM & 4 PM - 5 PM
- DCHS 11 AM - 12 PM
- Stephen Decatur 11 AM - 12 PM
- Liberty 11 AM - 12 PM
- West Newton 11 AM - 12 PM
- Valley Brook 11 AM - 12 PM
- Troy Manor 11 AM - 12 PM
- Windsong 11 AM - 12 PM
- Lynhurst Park 11 AM - 12 PM
The dates for meal distribution will include December 2, 9 & 16 as well as January 6 & 13. Any questions, call Child Nutrition at 317-856-5265.
We are partnering with AYS, Inc, our before and after school care, to make available child care with supports in place to assist with virtual learning for our children. We are excited to foster child care options for our community. The following is from AYS, Inc:
In collaboration with MSD of Decatur Township and in order to provide families with a safe place to take their students while the district returns to virtual learning, AYS will be reopening its full-day Liftoff E-Learning program at Blue and Gold Academies on Monday, November 30. This program will focus on providing e-learning and social and emotional support for students in a safe and healthy environment. Learn more and register today at www.ayskids.org/e-learning!
Our transportation system will assist with providing a ride to high school and middle school extracurricular activities that have competitions with other school districts this winter season. This is permitted by the Marion County Board of Health as long as appropriate safety protocols are in place. Cohorts of students based on their activities will allow for appropriate social distancing and support for our families who need help getting their children to their activities.
All competitions will allow only parents to attend with no more than two tickets per student. This applies to any athletic or fine arts competition. This is subject to change at any time if necessary.
All school buildings will be off-limits to the community unless you have authorized permission by school officials. We will be disinfecting all school buildings daily to ensure a safe environment for our employees as we support virtual learning.
As we transition to virtual learning next week, please communicate with us any concerns or items that we need to address. Each school will share expectations, protocols, and procedures for the next several weeks of virtual learning. In spite of our new learning environment due to COVID, our district vision is still preparing our students to be Tomorrow Ready! Let’s all do our share to stay clear of large group gatherings as well as using hand sanitizer or hand washing to combat this virus. Mask wearing as much as possible is strongly recommended. Thank you for your commitment to Decatur Township Schools. Together, we will overcome this pandemic as we continue to help our children learn and grow. Together, We are Decatur Proud!
November 16, 2020
Winter Athletics and Performing Arts Events- Spectator Attendance Policy
Spectator attendance at all Decatur Central High School and Decatur Middle School Winter Athletics, as well as all Performing Arts events, will be limited to parents and essential personnel only for the foreseeable future. As always, we will work with DCHS Live to broadcast/stream as many DCHS home events as possible.
We look forward to the day we can return to full capacity events but are thankful that our students can still participate in co-curricular activities. We will communicate any changes in this spectator attendance policy when possible. Please mask up, keep your groups small, and do what we all need to do to stop the spread of COVID-19!
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.