About the School
Liberty Early Elementary is the district’s centralized kindergarten and preschool. Our staff appreciates the privilege and the responsibility of educating Decatur’s youngest students! We provide a nurturing atmosphere in which the differences of all children are respected.
More about Liberty!
We are committed to making every child in Decatur a successful student!
- We offer full-day kindergarten (with no tuition charges) for all of our kindergarten students. Special education supports are offered at no cost to all eligible students.
- We also continue to offer outstanding preschool programs for 3-5 year olds.
- Our Half-Day Preschool serves students with and without developmental delays or disabilities in an inclusive setting. Typically developing students can enroll as tuition based students. Students who have delays may be eligible for free preschool. Please call the Early Childhood Assessment Team at (317) 243-7559 or email at email@example.com for more information about eligibility determination.
- Our Full-Day Preschool serves students from 8:40 a.m. to 3:35 p.m. This a primarily a tuition-based preschool for children who live in Decatur Township and children of those who work for the Decatur Township Schools. We also accept On My Way preschool vouchers for 4-year-olds to attend this program. Students in the full-day program are eligible to participate in AYS before- and after-care for an additional fee. Information on AYS is available at www.ayskids.org.
- Speech therapy is also offered at no cost to eligible students. Please call the Early Childhood Assessment Team at (317) 243-7559 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about eligibility determination. Please call the Liberty office for information on kindergarten eligibility determination.
Liberty Early Elementary is located in the Southwest Hills neighborhood, near the intersection of Mann Road and Kentucky Avenue. Our school was called the Early Childhood Center until our move to our current location in the fall of 2010. Our school building formerly housed Lynwood Elementary. We chose the name "Liberty" to reflect the rich heritage of public schooling in Decatur Township. Liberty was the name of one of the earliest schools in the area, having been established in 1870.
Liberty Early Elementary has a school dress code that aligns with state expectations for elementary schools. Adhering to the dress code ensures that all students are able to safely access the school building, participate in all activities, and create an environment where there are no distractions from learning and fun! Please click this link for specific details.