Meet the Officers
Officer Paul Tutsie Decatur Unit 1
- 1981 DCHS Graduate
- 1985 Ball State University-Criminal Justice
- 1990 Honors Graduate Reserve Class of the Indianapolis Police Department
- 1993 Honors Graduate of the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy (IPD)
- 2014 Appointed as first Decatur Township School Police Department
Officer Tutsie has two sons Andrew '13 and Thomas '16 who graduated with honors from DCHS. Officer Tutsie has been both a youth coach and Varsity football coach in the township for over 30 years. “It is great to come home as a DTSPD officer and be able to give something back to both the students and the Decatur Township Community.”
“Once a Hawk, Always a Hawk!”
Officer Chase Lyday Decatur Unit 2
- 2006 DCHS Graduate
- 2006-2012 Marion County Juvenile Detention Center
- 2012-2014 Deputy for the Marion County Sheriff's Office.
- 2014 Appointed as 1st Decatur Township Schools Police Department Officer
- 2015 Indiana Law Enforcement Academy Graduate (ILEA)
- 2015 Promoted to Sheriff's Response Team with the Marion County Sheriff's Office
Officer Lyday has two beautiful children, Gavin and Gracelynn. He enjoys spending his free time with them. Officer Lyday is an avid sports fan, and has coached football, baseball and basketball on various levels in the township. Officer Lyday currently coaches football at Decatur Central High School as a proud former Hawk.
Officer Paula Petty Decatur Unit 3
- 1987 Hamilton Heights Graduate
- 1991 Ball State University- Criminal Justice/Social Work
- 1995 Appointed Marion County Corrections Deputy
- 2000 Graduate of the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy
- 2000 Appointed Greenwood Police Department Patrolman
- 2016 Appointed as DTSPD’s first female officer
Officer Petty brings 20 years of police experience to Decatur Township. She is a mother of two children, Adrienne and Bo.
Officer Petty has prior Decatur Township ties; as her father Jim Petty was a teacher and Head Men’s Basketball Coach at DCHS from 1975-1988. In her spare time, Officer Petty enjoys spending time with her kids, playing basketball, outdoor activities, volunteering as a homeless advocate and being involved in prison ministry at the Pendleton Reformatory.
Officer James Sheroan Decatur Unit 4
- 1993 Arsenal Technical High School Graduate
- 1993 – 1999 United States Marine Corps Reserves Honorable Discharge E5 Sergeant
- 1998 – 2016 Indianapolis Public Schools Police Department
- 2010 – 2012 Marion County Sheriff’s Department Reserve Deputy
- 1999 Graduate of the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy (ILEA)
- 2016 Appointed to Decatur Township School Police Department
James and his wife, Amber moved to Decatur Township in 2002 to raise their two sons, Marlin DCHS c/o 2015 and Samuel, who will graduate from DCHS in the year 2020. James has coached little league baseball, soccer, and basketball in Decatur Township. James is not originally from Decatur Township but is very proud to call Decatur Township his home.
Officer Donald Davis Decatur Unit 5
- Graduated 1997 Ben Davis High School
- IUPUI- General Studies, Religious studies minor.
- 2002 -2008 Indianapolis Public School Police Department
- Indiana Law Enforcement Academy(ILEA) Class# 2003-155
- 2008-2011 Greenwood Police Department
- 2012– 2013 IU Health Safety and Security Officer/ Trainer
- 2013-2018 Argos Police Department
- 2018- Decatur Township School Police- SRO
Officer Davis has a blended family of 5 beautiful children with his amazing girlfriend. Officer Davis enjoys working out in his down time and spending time with his family taking walks, playing at the parks and Pokémon Go with his children.